Payment – Monthly Invoice
1. HOURLY INVOICES
For Hourly Contracts, the Monthly billing cycle starts Monday at 00:00 midnight GMT and ends Sunday at 23:59 GMT. Invoices for hours recorded on Dream Digital in the Work Diary are generated each Monday following the week in which the hours were billed (the “Hourly Invoice Deadline“). Freelancer irrevocably will submit invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org and instructs Dream Digital, as its agent, to (i) review the Work diary to check their invoices (such invoice, the “Hourly Invoice“); and (ii) submit the Hourly Invoice to email@example.com. For the avoidance of doubt, the “Work Diary” is the section Dream Digital where hours can be recorded on an Hourly Contract.
By recording time in the Work Diary and allowing an Hourly Invoice to be created based on the time recorded, Freelancer represents and warrants that (y) Freelancer has completed the applicable Freelancer Services fully and satisfactorily; and (z) the hours Freelancer reports are true, accurate, and complete.
Dream Digital offers payments via Bank Transfer for UK Banks or Paypal.
2. PAYMENT PROTECTION
Dream Digital provides limited payment protection to Users as detailed in this Section 2(“Payment Protection“).
2.1. FOR FREELANCERS
In the rare event that a Freelancer’s Client does not make payment for legitimate services performed by a Freelancer, Dream Digital will provide Hourly Payment Protection to the Freelancer as detailed in this Section 6.1 as a membership benefit to foster fairness, reward loyalty, and encourage the Freelancer to continue to use the Site Services for their business needs. Hourly Payment Protection will be offered to a Freelancer only if all of the following criteria are met in Dream Digital’s sole discretion:
- Both Client and Freelancer must have agreed to use Work Diaries upon acceptance of the Hourly Contract, as part of the terms.
- Client must have an Account in good standing and a valid and verified Payment Method at the start of the Hourly Contract, and must agree to automatically pay for hours billed by Freelancer through Work Diaries.
- Freelancer’s Account must be in good standing.
- Freelancer must have used Work Diaries enabled to document any and all hours covered by the Hourly Payment Protection for Freelancers.
- Freelancer must have a detailed Work Diaries produced of what has been done on each day while working the task.
- Prior to any Hourly Invoice being submitted, Freelancer must have documented his time in Work Diaries sufficient to demonstrate the work relates to the Hourly Contract.
- The task description in Work Diaries must be clearly related to the applicable Hourly Contract requirements or Client instructions.
- The number of hours billed in the Work Diaries must be within the hours authorized in the Hourly Contract for the week.
- Within five days after notification of rejected or unpaid time, Freelancer must submit a Dispute specifically identifying the documented work not otherwise paid for by their Client through the Escrow Services.
Dream Digital will investigate and determine in its sole discretion whether the above terms and conditions are met.
2.2. FOR CLIENTS
Freelancer authorizes and instructs DREAM DIGITAL to adjust the Hourly Invoice to remove invoiced hours that are not (a) clearly related to either the Hourly Contract terms or work agreed to by the Client, and (b) within the hours authorized in the Hourly Contract for the week, subject to and conditioned on the following terms:
Both Client and Freelancer must agree to use Work Diaries as part of the Hourly Contract terms.
Client must have an Account in good standing and a valid and verified default Payment Method, and Client must agree to automatically pay for hours billed by Freelancer in the Hourly Invoices. Within the Hourly Invoice Review Period, Client must submit a Dispute specifically identifying the time billed that is not clearly related to either the Hourly Contract requirements or Client instructions in the Work Diaries.
DREAM DIGITAL will investigate and determine in its sole discretion whether the above terms and conditions are met.
Hourly Protection for Clients only protects Client from the obligation to pay for Freelancer’s work if the documented hours worked are not clearly related to the Hourly Contract requirements or Client instructions in the Work Diaries. If Client has requested that the Freelancer use functionality of the Site or third-party software that hides, blurs, or distorts images in the Work Diary, the task description will be deemed to be “clearly related” to the Hourly Contract requirements for purposes of the Client’s eligibility for Hourly Payment Protection. Hourly Payment Protection for Clients does not create any warranties, express or implied, beyond those expressly stated in the User Agreement.
Hourly Protection for Clients does not apply to: (1) Fixed-Price Contracts; (2) Hourly Contracts using DREAM DIGITAL Payroll; or (3) hours billed by Freelancers who are aware of or complicit in another User’s violation of this Agreement or the Terms of Service.
3. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SERVICES OR PAYMENTS
Dream Digital and Affiliates merely provide a platform for Internet payment services. Dream Digital and Affiliates do not have any responsibility or control over the Freelancer Services that Client purchases. Nothing in this Agreement deems or will be interpreted to deem Dream Digital or any Affiliate as Client’s or Freelancer’s agent with respect to any Freelancer Services, or expand or modify any warranty, liability or indemnity stated in the Terms of Service.
For example, Dream Digital does not guarantee the performance, functionality, quality, or timeliness of Freelancer Services or that a Client can or will make payments.